Want to work for positive change?
Want to help get a Green MP elected in Guelph?
Have a passion for working with people?
The Guelph Greens Electoral District Association (EDA) is hiring a Capacity Builder to support pre-election campaign readiness activities such as call parties, volunteer training, data entry, event planning, and fundraising.
Length: Contract for approximately 4 months
Hours of work: 8 hours per week, negotiable
Wage: $18 per hour
Location: Online and over phone, in-person work, able to travel within Guelph
Closing Date to Apply: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
The role of the Capacity Builder is to lead and implement election readiness activities such as call parties, volunteer training, event planning, data entry, and fundraising. They will be responsible for ensuring that activities are well planned, organized and delivered.
- Under the direction of the CEO and Secretary of the Guelph Greens EDA, support the planning and implementation of election-readiness activities and volunteer training for such activities.
- Follow up on volunteer requests.
- Make phone calls and lead others in doing the same.
- Support data collection and reporting related to election-readiness activities.
- Attend and facilitate planning meetings.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate the above activities
- Update the EDA Executive members on progress, challenges, and opportunities monthly
- Conduct work in a manner that promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Member of the Green Party of Canada (or willing to become one)
- Demonstrated experience implementing training activities, especially online
- Demonstrated event planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for meeting targets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including spreadsheet and word processing applications, all Google Suite features, online meeting software (Zoom), and Slack.
- Has access to a reliable internet connection, headset, and microphone.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency/proficiency in English, both written and spoken .
- Any other language proficiency also considered a benefit
- Past campaign and political volunteer experience is an asset.
- Spends most of the time on a computer interacting with people.
- Available to work weekends, evenings, and any times during the week that volunteers are most free.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities guided by the Green Party of Canada and local EDA.
- Advanced level training in proprietary contact management database (GVote)
- Party policy, issue messaging and communications (as necessary)
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com by the closing date of Wednesday June 30th, 2021:
- 1 page cover letter
- Resume demonstrating how your experience, education, and/or training prepare you to meet the qualifications and responsibilities of this position
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Guelph Greens EDA is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants.
Who We Are
Guelph Greens volunteer to promote Green values and support local candidates in both provincial and federal elections, acting as both a provincial Constituency Organization (CA) and a federal Electoral District Association (EDA).
Provincial Constituency Association
President, Crista Renner
CFO, Al de Jong
Secretary, Gillian Maurice
Volunteer Coordinator, Kris Sturgeon
Communications Director, Vanessa Chris Cameron
Fundraising Director, Michelle Bowman
Federal Electoral District Association
Chief Executive Officer, Sam Stevenson
Chief Financial Officer, Al de Jong
Secretary, Candice Lepage
Volunteer Coordinator, Angelica Nef
Social Justice Coordinator, Chidi Nwene
Communications Director – Cora Pacheco
Director at Large, Jesse Browning
Events Coordinator – Vacant
Fundraising Coordinator – Vacant
Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org